- This event has passed.
Introduction to Collaborative Innovation
September 14, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm EDT
September 14, 16 and 21, 2021
Pacific US: 6:00 am – 9:00 am
Eastern US: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
CEST:3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
In three 3-hour virtual sessions, we’ll help you build your capacity to lead multi-stakeholder collaboration to help groups Connect, Align, Learn, and Make what they need to effect systemic change.
This course is designed for changemakers, leaders, facilitators, collective impact backbone staff, and consultants who are working on vexing problems that can only be addressed using a collaborative approach.
We’ll introduce the key elements of Collaborative Innovation–a process model and an integrated set of concrete tools to effectively lead powerful change with multi-stakeholder, multi-sector collaborations.
Join us for a spicy, engaging, and (relatively) brief introduction focused on the “four agendas” of collaborative innovation that build momentum, accountability, and real meaningful change:
- Connecting: How to build trusting connections across the many boundaries among us and connect a powerful change system
- Aligning: How to align around a clear and deeply shared intent for your work together
- Learning: How to understand the larger system and the human experience within it
- Making: How to develop and test concrete and strategic solutions and interventions and take them to scale
This workshop will support you to:
- Identify the critical elements of successful multi-stakeholder collaborations fueled by real alignment, engagement, and momentum
- Convene diverse networks more confidently across organizational, sectoral, cultural, and political boundaries
- Experience a more interactive and engaging approach to collaboration that meaningfully engages whole people
You will leave this workshop with increased competence in:
- Working more confidently at the highest levels of stakeholder engagement: Collaboration and Co-creation;
- Advancing the Four Agendas in Collaborative Innovation: Aligning, Connecting, Learning, and Making;
- Aligning diverse interests around a powerful shared intent;
- Helping stakeholders develop both a systemic understanding of the challenge and an empathetic view into the human experience within that system; and
- Developing a powerful set of ideas, building them into working prototypes and testing them in the real world
Best suited for: Individuals and teams who are directly leading multi-stakeholder systems change collaboratives and networks, and consultants who support these leaders.
Session inputs: None required
Registration cost: $475 USD per person.
Registration includes digital copies of all course materials and resources.
Course length: Three, 3-hour virtual sessions
Trainers: Russ Gaskin, Heather Equinoss, Sharon Simms
“So joyful to connect with people from around the world, tackling similar challenges. Loved the practical approaches to working through complex issues with diverse groups.”
– Fall, 2020 Participant