We as members / contributors pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
- Transparent and good management of community assets
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
As a self-organised network we are all responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that is deemed inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the CoLab community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the community within the affected team / working group / circle / project, and to the General Circle.
The CoLab Community will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private conversation with community team members, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: If internal discussion has failed and/or as a direct consequence for continued behavior. The team may decide to ask the person/s to leave the team / circle / working group / project. The person removed may still remain a member of the CoLab and join other teams if they so wish and other teams are willing.
3. Exclusion from funded projects &/or CoLab Slack workspace
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disrespect of classes of individuals, financial mismanagement and other harmful behaviors.
Consequence: An exclusion from participating in funded projects and from any sort of public interaction within the CoLab community including the Slack workspace until the member is able to make amends, the how would be case dependent.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.1, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/1/code_of_conduct.html.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla’s code of conduct enforcement ladder.